At Old Man River Nature Retreat, we are always looking for big-kind hearted volunteers to help us out. There are times when we are in need of volunteers with a specialized skill set or someone whom can operate and/or has access to a certain type of machinery. If you have any of the following skills and could help us, please send us a message (Please notate which role you are volunteering for).
- Aquatic consultant – An aquatic consultant is being sought for volunteer services whom can assist with advising on the best approach for keeping our lake clean and usable.
- Dredging consultant – In coordination with the aquatic consultant, we would like to have someone who is experienced with dredging for advice, approach and best practices.
- General laborers – We have a lot to accomplish on our 43 acres. We would appreciate anyone who would like to assist in general labor; clearing trails, land clean-up and maintenance, creek and lake clean-up, other odds and ends jobs.
- Carpenter – We have big plans for cabins and other infrastructure needs to support the retreat. Would appreciate this expertise for both advice and building structures.
- Equipment and operators – We would like to make a swimming\beach area on our lake and improve some of the lake edges where erosion has occurred. Some trail work also where we are creating our perimeter trail and have some wash out.