Old Man River Nature Retreat encompasses 43 acres of both woods and open land. A spring fed creek flows through the property into a 4-5 acre stocked lake. From the lake, the water returns to the creek through a small but immensely beautiful and loud rushing waterfall.
With 43 acres, you can imagine there is quite a bit to do. In order to get the retreat up and going, we have a long punch list of projects and activities we must complete. While a lot of our work is never ending(such as maintenance and upkeep), our team has compiled a list of projects that we are or will be working on.
Ongoing Maintenance Items:
- Land Maintenance and Clean Up
- Trail cleanup
- Clearing & Creating Trails
- Lake Maintenance
- Communal Fire Circle
- Build Cedar Railing for bridge
- Tipi – Personal project funded and paid for by the Browns. They purchased a Tipi and will donate guest stays to the retreat. Go to the tipi page for more information.
Short Term Goals:
- Lake Improvement
- Beach (swim area)
- Guest Restrooms
- Road Maintenance
- Waterfall Decks
- Fundraising (ongoing)
- Creation of Primitive Camping Areas
- Sitting & Relaxation Areas
- Networking With Community, Fellow Vets, First Responders
- PTSD Vet Peer Groups Formation
- PTSD Assistance Program Options
- Sponsor Vet Projects
- Side by Sides for Trails and Guest Use